Monday, March 12, 2012

The itching boots...

I was keenly following the state elections in February. Politics is one of those things that make me interested. In fact, I was starting to like Rahul Gandhi’s campaign, till Kapil Sibal’s over-the-top smartness and Diggy’s mindless blabbers got me disillusioned with Congress. Blame the loss on these two, rather than the chocolate boy.

So here I was, reading NDTV’s coverage on the election, when I spotted this video link below… A traveler’s tale of Mathura and Vrindavan…

Shabby roads, old crumbling buildings, monks, monkeys and cows and temples… this is what I made out of the video… interesting? I donno… but I liked it… and that’s because I found ‘devotion’ in the eyes of the people… in all of them who were praying to these innumerable Hindu gods… UP may vote for caste… but here, I felt that people had kept mortal differences aside… was it fake? Maybe... but who am I to judge? For all that it is, it may just be very true… I sensed peace in Mathura and Vrindavan… I want to be there… and soak in it…

I haven’t traveled to these places… in fact, I don’t think I have traveled too much around till now… but suddenly I feel an urge to explore… to dig into unknown places… do those ‘tick-mark’ things… breathe a different air…

So, one of the few things that I love searching on YouTube now-a-days are these travel videos… I donno how I suddenly developed this taste in traveling to new places… but I have my list of places charted out for 2012… Kanha/Bandhavgarh, Kerala, Goa and Bangkok… Add Mathura/Vrindavan to that now…

My travel boots are itching… I am ready to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment